It doesn’t matter what you have or what you look like, everyone has to work at being confident.
I have been a horrible entertainer– I have been taking too long of an absence from sharing my stories. Although there is no excuse, I have been on a pendulum where my health has not been stable! Instead of recording my events during my free time, I have been living in my bed and popping pills with hopes the next is better. It is too bad that work gets in the way of me getting better. So for now, let me spit out a list of events that will satisfy two things: 1) Give you a sense of the stuff I have been going through, a need to come back to read the full scoop and perhaps give you the chuckle you needed today and 2) Function as a to-do-list of blogs for me to write within the next couple of weeks (yup- lupus CNS/fog has gotten the best of me and I have no memory).
Let me try to do this in chronological order:
1. Feel like crap
2. Dr. Lupus decides to put me on a dual-therapy lupus regimen of Benlysta and Methotrexate because the Benlysta alone is not doing the trick
3. There is a shortage for methotrexate serum (for injections)
4. I get tattoo #6 (first tat while a lupus patient) in dedication to my lupus fight and survived it
5. Discovered a new product, other than Joan Rivers’ product, to cover-up those couple of stubborn bald spots– Kamofibers.com
6. Met a man who seemed to understand and accept what I was going through (who I shall now refer to as Mr. Pibe)
7. Dr. Lupus gives me a guilt trip when he found tat #6… my immediate excuse: “I don’t even know how that got there!! I just woke up and it was there… must be a new lupus skin reaction…”
7. Man took me to one of my infusions and took care of me afterwards… how sweeeeeeeetttt
8. The phrase “Lupus Nephritis” enters into the conversation between Dr. Lupus and I
9. High blood pressure…
10. Feeling crappy and decided start a pain diary
11. Work is becoming a dread and harder to do. Co-workers and management are starting to notice…
12. Realize that I can’t just leave work because I need the health insurance coverage
13. Mr. Pibe becomes an ass and “has too much on his plate…”
14. I get tat #7… which needs about 5 sessions to finish… also dedicated to lupus. Pictures coming soon!
15. Want to stay in bed but don’t because I have the most amazing support system that keeps me ALIVE.
16. Played the MegaMillions… and lost
17. Getting psyched about the upcoming 2012 LUPUS NOW Walk– May 6 in Houston, TX. Join or donate to TEAM UNBREAKABLE.
18. I am the maid of honor for my best friend’s wedding
19. Put in two federal research grants… with more to come in the summer.
20. STILL CLASSY AND FABULOUS despite it all!
Stay tuned and take of yourself.
Posted from the Diva on the road