No matter what stressful situation you may be in, whether it be living with lupus, living with diabetes (or any other chronic disease), having a crap day at work, or just not getting your way, I believe that we have every right to have “your moment”.
What does having “your moment” mean? There are many ways of expressing your frustration, anger, and the “this is just NOT fair!” feeling in the pit of your stomach. Every person has their own way (and right) for doing this. Personally, I call them my “queening out” moments. You are more than welcome to post “My joints hurt today… this sucks!” OR “I am tired of (fill in the blank)!”
The second goal of this page is to give you a chance to ask questions. I am so fortunate to have a dear friend who is a lupus veteran (Veero) who i can turn to when I have any questions and suggestions for coping strategies. It is always amazing how much you can learn from somebody else’s experience.
I want to provide a comfortable, non-judgmental place where ideas and questions can freely be expressed. Let’s be respectful of comments and ideas.
Just in case, here are some rules:
1. No discussion of any illegal activity of threats of violence.
2. No use of explicit, obscene, or vulgar language or images and/or messages, including racist remarks. Trust me- I know it is hard to not say F*&$ this and that… but instead for the purpose of this page and for the respect of all let’s use terms such as “DANG”, “FUDGE”, etc. Be creative 😉
3. No posts that attack, insult, defame, or abuse others. Let’s play nice and respect other comments. Don’t belittle or make fun-of others. Decisions about health and well-being are highly personal, individual choices. Insults will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree.
4. Absolutely no advertising or links to advertising or “Spam” is permitted. Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting, or promoting by someone that has ownership or other “vested interest” to the website involved. Links to helpful websites are allowed when they are posted by someone without any “vested interest” AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, etc. Links must be appropriate and abide by rules #1-3 or they will be removed.
5. No posts of an overtly political or religious nature! This forum is intended for offering mutual personal support. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited religious references are allowed (i.e., “my prayers are with you” or brief quote as part of a larger post”) but this is not the place to convert others.
6. No posts of lengthy articles. Share the “bottom line” of the article and post the link.
7. Do not post offline personal contact (i.e., home address, phone number etc).
8. If you are a medical professional, please remember that this is for patient support and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice.
9. Please help by reporting posts that violate the rules and guidelines. Do not reply to the offending posts as that typically only encourages the poster. Just ignore them.
10. Use good judgment! Never rely on information or opinions exchanged here to replace necessary, personal consultation(s) with qualified health or medical professionals to meet your individual health or medical needs.
11. Lend a helping hand. A bit of compassion can go a long way toward helping people with life’s challenge and reaching out can help alleviate feelings of frustration. At sometime or another, we all need or want help or simply someone with whom we can share our burdens or successes.
12. Don’t be afraid to share. Your experiences (good and bad) could be valuable to someone else.
13. Overall, have fun and play nice in the sandbox!